This is a new recipe I call “Spring Salad” because it has the vibrant colors of Spring and a sweetness that brings a smile to your face!
Gluten and dairy free. Contains Almonds.
*Disclaimer: Please note Jennifer Garcia is neither a chef, nutritionist or medical professional so the health/allergen information is based on her own assessment so you must take your own precautions when preparing food to assure good health. Jennifer relieves herself of all responsibility should you choose to alter this recipe in any way or not prepare it properly. All responsibility for well-being is on the person who prepares your meal.
The ingredients are divided into sections so Vegans can opt to not include the deli meat and those who have a nut allergy can choose not to include the almonds.
Baby Rainbow Carrots
Sliced Chicken Breast
- Be sure to clean the vegetables thoroughly before slicing. Cut carrots and radishes into thin, small slices.
- Add small portions of carrots, peas, radishes and corn first. Then add a few handfuls of spinach and mix it altogether. Then you can add more vegetables and almonds to your taste.
- Each person has a preference: Sweet, Sour, Bitter or Salty as the primary taste their tastebuds prefer. I prefer Sweet so I put in a smaller portion of radishes than I did of each helping of carrots, peas or corn. I did add the Daikon Radishes to the recipe to balance out the flavors so it wouldn’t be excessively sweet. Daikon Radishes are less bitter than red radishes so it doesn’t overwhelm the sweetness of the salad. For those of you who prefer Bitter or Sour, you may want to put equal amounts of Daikon Radishes to carrots, corn or peas. I chose Rainbow Carrots because the varied colors create a more Spring-like visual effect. Also, yellow carrots are slightly more bitter than the orange and purple carrots so again it creates a nice taste balance.
- Next, add the sliced chicken breast and salami. Only add a small portion of Salami because Salami has a strong taste that can easily overpower the salad. For those who’d like a more low fat salad, add only the sliced chicken breast.
- Finally, drizzle the Dark Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar on top of the salad. Dark Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar balances the sweetness of raspberries with the tartness of balsamic vinegar, the perfect topper for this Spring Salad.