“Breathe in…breathe out…and relax.”
August 15th is National Relaxation Day.
What does that mean? It means take a break from your fast-paced life, slow down and relax.
Why? Because you deserve it.
There are many ways to relax the mind and the body, but at the heart of many of them is Mindfulness. Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment. Mindfulness practice is about focusing on your mind, body or spirit, one at a time.
- Put a hand on your belly below the ribs and other on the chest.
- Practice filling your lower lungs so that the hand on your belly goes up when you inhale and the chest remains still.
- Breathe in the nose and out the mouth about 8 to 10 times.
- Second step: inhale the lower lungs and inhale into your upper chest. Feel the tension leave the body when you breathe out. Do this for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Start in standing position. Bend forward from the waist with the knees slightly bent. Let your arms dangle close to the floor.
- As you inhale, return to standing position but lifting the head last.
- Hold your breath and exhale as you return to the bending forward position.
It can be challenging to quiet or clear the mind, if one is anxious about a particular issue or problem, not knowing how to resolve it or how it may turn out. At Spiritual Spectra, we offer Spiritual Consultations which convey messages that empower individuals by providing insight and guidance on current issues or challenges.
Hatha Yoga helps relieve stress. The goal of Yoga is to help improve a person’s physical, mental and spiritual health through breathing, poses, and stretches.
When you are stressed your body responds with muscle tension which can cause back pain and neck pain.
- Breathe in and tense the first muscle group in pain for 4-10 seconds. Do not tense to the point of pain or cramping.
- Breathe out and relax the muscle group.
- Relax for 10-20 seconds before you begin on the next muscle group.
- When finished with all the groups. Count backwards from 5 to 1 bringing your mind back into the present.
While releasing the tension in your muscles will certainly make you feel better, it does not fully address the stress and anxiety you feel and that has stayed within your body. Spiritual Spectra offers Energy Healing which is a healing therapy that helps release stress and anxiety from the mind and body leaving a person feeling truly relaxed.
Meditation begins with quieting the mind. If you have a cluttered mind, you may want to try the Mental and Physical Mindfulness techniques before you sit down to meditate. Meditation is about sitting in the stillness, the quiet, so you can hear what your inner voice, and your Spirit Guides are telling you.
Don’t be discouraged if you have trouble doing this, it takes a great deal of practice to be able to really meditate but even if you make the attempt you can still benefit from it because it will slow down your breathing, clear your mind and relax your muscles. So give it a try!
Spiritual Development begins with Meditation, sitting down in a quiet place and allowing your inner voice to speak to you. However, those who have practiced Meditation over the years can listen to their inner voice and Spirit Guides anywhere, no matter the noise or distractions around them. Spiritual Development progresses to creating a greater awareness of not only this life but your past lives and your spiritual journey. To assist with this process, Spiritual Spectra offers Akashic Records [the energetic record of your soul’s journey] Readings which is an opportunity to learn what connects your past, current and future lives, your gifts, talents and abilities, as well as the patterns, beliefs, and misalignments that may be holding you back.
We as humans get distracted with our lives that we don’t take time to enjoy the now. As you practice these Mindfulness Techniques you’ll find yourself more appreciative of the beauty and wonder around you and eventually get better at letting go petty frustrations that you needn’t be worrying about.
So do not ignore the idea of relaxation. Do not put your work first. Mental, physical, and spiritual health are important! On August 15th, take time for yourself and try some of these exercises. And who knows? Maybe you’ll return to work the next day feeling 10x better, stronger in the mind, relieved in the body able to get more work done than before.