Please visit this page for updates regarding COVID-19 impact on our service and event offerings, protocols, and modifications. This page is the absolute source of information so that clients need only go to one place to find updates regarding our COVID-19 updates. Please note that while we have done our best to update all of our website pages, payment links, and social media sites some of them may still reflect pre-COVID details. Feel free to contact us directly for any questions, updates or to schedule an appointment. Please be sure to scroll all the way down and read this thoroughly.
Spiritual Spectra supports our clients through the coronavirus crisis. We offer the following services over the phone and online: Energy Healing / Reiki, Spiritual Tarot Consultations, Medium Readings, Meditation Workshop, Corporate Wellness, Past Life Readings, Akashic Records Readings and Goal Setting Consultations.
In addition, our Meditation Circle and Messages from Spirit events are being offered only online via Zoom. Once you have registered for these events, you will be emailed a link to Zoom and a password to join us for the event. Zoom is a free app that can be downloaded to your desktop, laptop, tablet or phone. Please download the app prior to the event, you can do so at http://zoom.us
Phase 2 Re-Opening for In Person Services
Since 2012, when Spiritual Spectra was founded, we have always offered our services in person, over the phone and online. We did so for the convenience of our clients. As of March 10th, 2020 for the first time in our history, we had to stop offering in person appointments due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus crisis. Thankfully, we were able to continue to offer most of our services over the phone and online throughout this crisis to support our clients.
The Maryland Governor Hogan has implemented a series of Phases by which businesses can re-open. His Phase 2 includes the re-opening of businesses the government classified as non-essential such as Spiritual Spectra. While businesses are able to re-open per the given Phase, there are various CDC, state of Maryland and Howard County regulations businesses must adhere to ensure the safety of their staff and clients. As always our utmost concern is for the welfare of our clients. It is with this concern and with great caution and awareness that Spiritual Spectra did re-open our business office in Columbia, Maryland to provide in person appointments for clients. We will select to conduct Property Energy Clearings and events at client locations strictly on a case by case basis always ensuring the safety of our clients and staff. We will continue, as always, to offer our services over the phone and online also to any client who wishes to do so.
To ensure the well-being of our clients and staff, Spiritual Spectra has implemented the following protocols for in person appointments. Clients are required to read this thoroughly and then below, complete the Client Protocols Consent Form prior to arriving to an in person appointment (phone and online clients are not required to fill out this form). We ask that our clients take care as to our safety and that of our other clients by adhering to the following protocols. Together we can continue to help each other through this crisis!
Jennifer Garcia, Founder
Spiritual Spectra‘s Protocols & Modifications:
- Signs will be posted outside and inside the Spiritual Spectra office providing information about required personal hygiene practices, social distancing, protocols practiced by Spiritual Spectra, and protocols required of clients. This information will be provided on our website and clients should check our website for any updates. The Spiritual Spectra website will be the absolute source of information so that clients need only go to one place to find updates regarding COVID-19 protocols.
- To ensure there isn’t overcrowding in our office suite’s small lobby/waiting area, Spiritual Spectra will institute a new client entry protocol. See Client Protocols below for detailed procedure.
- Every office supply, furniture, item, surface of the Spiritual Spectra office has been properly cleaned and disinfected. The office will be cleaned and disinfected regularly. Frequently touched surfaces (such as doorknobs, chair, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected in between client appointments.
- Client appointments will be scheduled with time in between so there should be no contact between clients. Furthermore, sufficient time between clients will be given to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- The workspace has been reconfigured and the furniture rearranged to allow for 6-foot social distancing in our office. See Client Protocols below for details.
- Staff will wear a facial covering (mask or face shield) and gloves at all times, as well as any other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as necessary. Staff will cover coughs and sneezes, use tissues, avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth, wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Spiritual Spectra’s staff’s health will be monitored regularly.
- All staff are currently in good health and have experienced absolutely no symptoms.
- Should any staff experience symptoms that mimic COVID-19, be diagnosed as having contracted COVID-19, and/or live with someone who has either symptoms that mimic COVID-19 or have been diagnosed as having contracted COVID-19, they will be required to stay home. Should Jennifer experience symptoms, clients will be notified whether any appointments will need to be rescheduled and if services will still be offered over the phone or online.
- At this point in time, Jennifer will be the only staff in the office in order to minimize potential exposure. Spiritual Spectra interns will continue to work virtually until such time as the risk for them and clients has declined. Upon the future return of interns to the office, their health will be monitored and sick interns will be required to stay home.
- Hand sanitizers, disposable gloves, tissues and no touch trash cans will be on hand for client and staff use. Clients and staff each will have their own supply to minimize cross contamination.
- Magazines, newspapers, flyers and business cards will not be on display or distributed to minimize contamination.
- Spiritual Spectra offers online payment; payment links are located on our website. Clients will be expected to utilize their own cell phones to make payments or make payment prior to coming in. Previously, cash was accepted; but it will not for the time being as we are using only contactless payment.
- With regards to our services, we will be instituting the following changes:
- Clients will no longer handle the Tarot decks as they have in the past. Jennifer will only handle the deck, shuffle and pull cards wearing gloves.
- As the sofa is in too close proximity to Jennifer’s chair, clients will be seated on a chair. This includes Reiki/Energy Healing clients.
- For events held in our office conference room, prior registration will be mandatory (drop-in temporarily suspended) to control event size limit, we will be sure to separate chairs at least 6 feet apart and designate exactly where clients should sit to ensure their safety.
- Our staff will be constantly checking regulations as they come out by our Maryland governor, Howard County and the CDC to ensure that we continue to follow COVID-19 workplace guidelines.
The office suite where Spiritual Spectra’s business is located is managed by Perfect Office Solutions (POS). The lobby/waiting area, hallways, conference rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are their responsibility.
Perfect Office Solutions Protocols & Modifications:
- Signs are posted in the building lobby, at the elevator, and in the office suite lobby/waiting area providing information about required personal hygiene practices, social distancing, and protocols; as well as advising clients not to enter if sick.
- Employees are required to wear masks while in the building and other PPE when necessary.
- Magazines/newspapers will be removed from public areas.
- Employees will be educated on COVID-19 protocol and sick employees will be directed to follow CDC and state guidelines and stay home.
- Bathroom proper cleaning and hygiene will be maintained. Soap in the bathroom is always available for clients and staff.
- POS will communicate hygiene and infection control requirements to employees and clients
- Communal drinking water fountains will be shut off.
- Common use facilities will be closed until the Governor of Maryland issues clear guidance on the “re-opening” of such facilities.
- The janitorial team has established and is utilizing an in-depth COVID-19 cleaning protocol following the high standard established by the CDC and are repetitively cleaning and sanitizing high touch and high use areas, such as door handles, buttons, elevators, and restrooms.
- Common areas such as the lobby, hallways, kitchen and conference room are cleaned throughout the day and social distancing is maintained.
- Management staff and all third-party vendors of management are wearing masks in common areas and in tenants’ premises.
- All visitors and contractors are required to wear a facial covering (masks and/or face shields) in the building.
- Perfect Office Suites has continued to run the HVAC Systems in the building, and has scheduled and completed preventative maintenance on the system.
For the safety of all our clients and staff, we ask that you please follow the following safety protocols. We understand that these protocols are very restrictive and certainly very different than our customary casual and accommodating approach; however, these are in place to do our best to assure client safety. Also, these protocols and modifications are based on government guidelines and you wouldn’t want our business shut down because government protocols weren’t followed.
- Clients experiencing symptoms that mimic COVID-19, have been diagnosed as having contracted COVID-19 and/or are living with anyone who has either symptoms that mimic COVID-19 or have been diagnosed as having contracted COVID-19 will be required to stay home.
- When scheduling an appointment, be advised that while in the past we permitted up to 4 people to participate in one session, this will no longer be possible while social distancing regulations are in place. Only one client may attend an appointment at a time. Some exceptions may be made by use of our conference room, on a case by case basis. However, be advised that the conference room does not ensure the same level of privacy as our own office. In addition to maintain social distancing, we will need to limit the amount of individuals who can attend to 5 people. Clients can also opt to schedule a group session via Zoom.
- A client is expected to arrive on time and if running late, please text Jennifer at 301-332-1573. While Jennifer will do her best to accommodate, if there is another client appointment directly after yours, your appointment time may be shortened. While we will schedule time in between clients to allow for cleaning the office and to avoid overcrowding in the lobby/waiting area, this may be mitigated depending on how late the client is.
- To ensure there isn’t overcrowding in our office suite’s small lobby/waiting area, Spiritual Spectra will institute the following client entry protocol:
- It is preferable for a client to show up on time for an appointment rather than early. and upon arrival at our building a client should text Jennifer at 301-332-1573 and remain in their vehicle. When it is safe to bring a client through our office suite lobby or use the side door into our office suite, Jennifer will text the client. Until such time, the client should remain in their vehicle.
- When notified, a client may enter the building, follow signage protocols and take the elevator to the 3rd floor. Jennifer will meet you at the elevator (ensuring a 6 feet distance) and the client should follow her to the office. For appointments at or after 7pm, Jennifer will come down to let you into the building as it is locked at 7pm.
- Upon entering the Spiritual Spectra office, a client will be asked to use hand sanitizer to clean their hands prior to sitting. Disposable gloves are available but not required. A client should sit in the chair available (seating on the sofa is prohibited as it does not meet the 6 feet social distance requirement).
- Clients are required to wear facial coverings (mask or face shield), cover coughs and sneezes, use tissues, avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth, wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- and maintain social distancing while in the building.
- It is preferable that clients wear gloves or utilize Kleenex or paper towels to minimize contact with high touch surfaces.
- All clients will be required to sign a consent form prior to their appointment, see below.
Client Protocol Consent Form
The World Health Organization has declared the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) a worldwide pandemic. Due to its capacity to transmit from person-to-person through respiratory droplets, the federal, state and county governments have set re-opening recommendations, guidelines, and some prohibitions with which Spiritual Spectra will be complying as we re-open our office for business. During the re-opening and later, clients will still be able to make appointments over the phone and online. However, we understand that some of our clients prefer to meet in person and so we are working hard to make that happen in a safe manner.
Spiritual Spectra asks each client seeking an in person appointment to please read thoroughly the above steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our clients and staff. In order to confirm your in person client appointment, we will require that you please fill out and submit the following client protocol consent form.
In consideration of my participation in the upcoming appointment with Spiritual Spectra, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following: