This website page is the absolute source of information for updates regarding COVID-19 impact on our service and event offerings, protocols, and modifications. Please note that while we have done our best to update all of our website pages, payment links, and social media sites some of them may still reflect pre-COVID details. Feel free to contact us directly for any questions, updates or to schedule an appointment. Please be sure to scroll all the way down and read this thoroughly.
Open for In-Person Services
The Spiritual Spectra office is open for in person services. We also offer services over the phone and Zoom for the convenience of our clients. As always our utmost concern is for the welfare of our clients. It is with this concern and with great caution and awareness that Spiritual Spectra provides in person appointments for clients at our business office in Columbia, Maryland. While we are able to offer in person services, there are various CDC, state of Maryland and Howard County regulations businesses must adhere to ensure the safety of our clients and staff.
We will select to conduct Property Energy Clearings and events at client locations strictly on a case by case basis always ensuring the safety of our clients and staff.
UPDATE AS OF MARCH 16, 2022:
While Howard County, Maryland Executive Calvin Ball has lifted the indoor mask mandate, he stated: “When a local jurisdiction’s community transmission level is considered substantial or high, the CDC recommends that fully vaccinated individuals: Wear a mask indoors in public spaces to reduce the risk of being infected with COVID-19 and possibly spreading it to others. Regardless of community transmission level, the CDC recommends that unvaccinated individuals wear a face covering in indoor settings and situations where physical distancing cannot be maintained.”
Based on this announcement by Howard County Executive Calvin Ball, and acknowledging that COVID-19 does still pose a threat, Spiritual Spectra will:
- Require face coverings/masks even if you are vaccinated. Therefore any client, regardless if they have or have not been vaccinated, must wear a facial covering (mask or face shield).
- Ask clients to please read all of the protocols below and require in person clients to submit the Client Protocols Consent Form below.
For the protection of our clients and staff, Jennifer Garcia will continue to wear a face covering until such time as COVID-19 no longer poses a threat.
Jennifer Garcia, Founder
Spiritual Spectra‘s Protocols & Modifications:
- The Spiritual Spectra website will be the absolute source of information so that clients need only go to one place to find updates regarding COVID-19 protocols.
- Every office supply, furniture, item, surface of the Spiritual Spectra office has been properly cleaned and disinfected. The office will be cleaned and disinfected regularly. Frequently touched surfaces (such as doorknobs, chair, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected in between client appointments.
- Client appointments will be scheduled with time in between so there should be no contact between clients. Furthermore, sufficient time between clients will be given to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Staff will wear a facial covering (mask or face shield) at all times, as well as any other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as necessary. Staff will cover coughs and sneezes, use tissues, avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth, wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Spiritual Spectra’s staff’s health will be monitored regularly.
- All staff are currently in good health and have experienced absolutely no symptoms and have not come in contact with anyone testing positive for COVID-19.
- Should any staff experience symptoms that mimic COVID-19, be diagnosed as having contracted COVID-19, and/or live with someone who has either symptoms that mimic COVID-19 or have been diagnosed as having contracted COVID-19, they will be required to stay home. Should Jennifer experience symptoms, clients will be notified whether any appointments will need to be rescheduled and if services will still be offered over the phone or online.
- At this point in time, Jennifer will be the only staff in the office in order to minimize potential exposure. Spiritual Spectra interns will continue to work virtually until such time as the risk for them and clients has declined. Upon the future return of interns to the office, their health will be monitored and sick interns will be required to stay home.
- Hand sanitizers, disposable gloves, tissues and no touch trash cans will be on hand for client and staff use. Clients and staff each will have their own supply to minimize cross contamination.
- Magazines, newspapers, flyers and business cards will not be on display or distributed to minimize contamination.
- Spiritual Spectra offers online payment; payment links are located on our website. Clients will be expected to utilize their own cell phones to make payments or make payment prior to coming in.
- With regards to our services, we will be instituting the following changes:
- Clients will no longer handle the Tarot decks as they have in the past. Only Jennifer will handle the deck, shuffle and pull cards.
- For events held in our office conference room, prior registration will be mandatory (drop-in temporarily suspended) to control event size limit, we will be sure to separate chairs at least 6 feet apart and designate exactly where clients should sit to ensure their safety.
- Our staff will be constantly checking regulations as they come out by our Maryland governor, Howard County and the CDC to ensure that we continue to follow COVID-19 workplace guidelines.
The office suite where Spiritual Spectra’s business is located is managed by Perfect Office Solutions (POS). The lobby/waiting area, hallways, conference rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are their responsibility.
Perfect Office Solutions (POS) Protocols & Modifications:
- Employees will be educated on COVID-19 protocol and sick employees will be directed to follow CDC and state guidelines and stay home.
- Masks are still required for all Perfect Office Solutions employees, business owners renting office space and their guests even if you are vaccinated.
- Bathroom proper cleaning and hygiene will be maintained. Soap in the bathroom is always available for clients and staff.
- POS will communicate hygiene and infection control requirements to employees and clients
- Communal drinking water fountains will be shut off.
- Common use facilities will be closed until the Governor of Maryland issues clear guidance on the “re-opening” of such facilities.
- The janitorial team has established and is utilizing an in-depth COVID-19 cleaning protocol following the high standard established by the CDC and are repetitively cleaning and sanitizing high touch and high use areas, such as door handles, buttons, elevators, and restrooms.
- Common areas such as the lobby, hallways, kitchen and conference room are cleaned throughout the day.
For the safety of all our clients and staff, we ask that you please follow the following safety protocols. We understand that these protocols are very restrictive and certainly very different than our customary casual and accommodating approach; however, these are in place to do our best to assure client safety.
- Clients experiencing symptoms that mimic COVID-19, have been diagnosed as having contracted COVID-19 and/or are living with anyone who has either symptoms that mimic COVID-19 or have been diagnosed as having contracted COVID-19 will be required to stay home.
- When scheduling an appointment, be advised that while in the past we permitted up to 4 people to participate in one session, this will no longer be possible as we are still practicing social distancing. Only one or two clients may attend an appointment at a time. Some exceptions may be made by use of our conference room, on a case by case basis. However, be advised that the conference room does not ensure the same level of privacy as our own office. In addition to maintain social distancing, we will need to limit the amount of individuals who can attend to 5 people. Clients can also opt to schedule a group session via Zoom.
- A client is expected to arrive on time and if running late, please text Jennifer at 301-332-1573. While Jennifer will do her best to accommodate, if there is another client appointment directly after yours, your appointment time may be shortened. While we will schedule time in between clients to allow for cleaning the office and to avoid overcrowding in the lobby/waiting area, this may be mitigated depending on how late the client is.
- Upon entering the Spiritual Spectra office, a client will be asked to use hand sanitizer to clean their hands prior to sitting
- All clients are required to wear facial coverings/masks even if you are vaccinated.
- All clients are required to cover coughs and sneezes, use tissues, avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth, wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer while in the office.
- All clients will be required to sign a consent form prior to their appointment, see below.
Client Protocol Consent Form
The World Health Organization has declared the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) a worldwide pandemic. Due to its capacity to transmit from person-to-person through respiratory droplets, the federal, state and county governments set recommendations, guidelines, and some prohibitions with which Spiritual Spectra is complying for in person services at our office. Clients are still able to make appointments over the phone and online. However, we understand that some of our clients prefer to meet in person so we continue to work hard to make that happen in a safe manner.
Spiritual Spectra asks each client seeking an in person appointment to please read thoroughly the above steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our clients and staff. In order to confirm your in person client appointment, we will require that you please fill out and submit the following client protocol consent form.
In consideration of my participation in the upcoming appointment with Spiritual Spectra, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following: